Welcome To Stevenage High Street Methodist Church
The High Street Methodist Church was built in just 4 months, with the first stone being laid on 27 July 1876 and the first service being held on 23 November 1876. The land for the chapel had cost £151 18s 6d or £151.93 and the cost of the building work cost £1237 9s 8d or £1237.48 in modern money. The money had been raised by selling the old chapel for £177 7s 7d or £177.38 and also through donations and collections
Our mission is to be a powerful spiritual influence in the community and a visible expression of God’s inclusive love.
We aim to achieve this by encouraging, through the churches in our Circuit, the workship, social, and outreach activities that currently exist, and seeking new ways to extend to others the fellowship of the Church family. We aim to be: A Circuit that –
SUNDAY SERVICE TIMES